Friday, March 23, 2007

Geneva's Visit to Mexico


On Monday March 12 through Friday March 23, in my 5th month of pregnancy, I got to chaperone an exchange trip to San Lois Potosi, Mexico with 26 of my students, my team-teacher Nayra, and another International School staff member, Rick. We each lived with a Mexican host family and went to the Mexican school each day, as well as some field trips around the city. Historically, San Lois Potosi is an older city. It is traced back into the 1500's. It wasn't a "tourist-y", "beach-y" area though, so it was really neat to taste the real culture for 2 weeks! My favorite part was my host family. They were so gracious to take me in for 2 weeks. I didn't know much Spanish and a few members of the family knew some English, but we all got along great and had a lot of fun getting to know each other. The first picture is Rick, Nayra, my host mom Gabi, and me going out to eat. Growing up, my nickname was (and is) Genny. I was pretty excited to find a store with my name on it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Besitos

Anonymous said...

I found my newsletter right after I sent the letter! I really like the pictures.