It was fun (except mile 2 and the long hill at the end). I found I had a little competitiveness in me after all :-). I ended up placing 4th in my age group (out of 20).
Lauren helping me stretch.
The quote of the day was on the ride to the race. I asked Lauren what she would yell out to me as I ran by during the race. She said she would say, "STOP MOMMY! STOP!"
My cheerers!
We went to a Child Evangelism Fellowship FREE day at the fairgrounds. It was a neat idea. A bit crowded and the kids weren't into many of the bouncy toys but here's Carter trying his hand at the rings.
The Cooks had us over for the evening. We stayed until 10 p.m. and had tons of fun. Kyra read to the kids (above) and they all played with water in the living room :-)
We got to have our new friend Paige over for the day while her mom Kim finished up stuff before moving to WA :-( We'll miss them but were so glad to get to know them the last two months.
2 comments:
4th out of 20! that's great. I would have been #21 out of 20 :). I'm enjoying all of the updates. love you!!
Great job on the 5K! I am doing my very first one this fall. I am not expecting any big wins! :)
Post a Comment